# LiFe iS nOt a Race.....

7:23:00 PM

Please remember this one !!!
when you sleep or when you wake up..
Never forget this one that............

Life is not a race but....

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
a journey to be savored
each step of the way


I once heard David Wilkerson, author of "The Cross and the Switchblade" speak on the subject of lust and greed. Most folks think of sexual perversion when they think of lust. Wilkerson, however, had an interesting definition for lust -- "I want IT and I want it now". The implication is that IT can be anything. A good example of this is the Proverb writer stating that fire is one those things that will never say "Enough!" There is always more and more to consume, as long as it is fed. Wilkerson went on talking about lust saying, when is it ever satiated? If success, for instance, is good then more success is better, and more is even better than that and so on. You get the picture. There is no end and it will never say "Enough".



I quit "racing" the running events I enter a couple of years ago. I believe that God allows me to enjoy barefoot running and to enjoy the "journey". It's not about winning anymore (although one could argue that since I am usually the only barefoot runner, I always finish first and last in that respect) but more about who and what I am during the journey. It is always fun for me to talk about barefoot running along the way with others, or to encourage someone to keep going. "Inch by Inch it's a Cinch!", I tell them. "Mile by Mile, it's a trial"! I like to encourage them by saying "You can't let this 51 year old barefoot guy pass you up! C'mon!" That usually gets them to smile or laugh and they many times kick it in gear and pass me up. I just smile as I see them heading on their way.



So, how does God teach you about your journey? For me, it is my running and more pointedly my barefoot running. Are we so consumed about the finish that we have not considered the journey for some time now? I am not implying that I have a constant focus on the journey, myself. I fall incredibly short some days and have to ask again for guidance on what's really important.



God has been so good to me. He has allowed me this little distraction in life, namely barefoot running. The irony is that what may seem like foolishness in some people's eyes is one of the Lord's main instructive tools in my life. Today, I thank God for the journey I am on and only wish to cross the finish line when he calls!

You Might Also Like

0 strawberries yummy

Follow me

Like us on Facebook

Follow us

Flickr Images